- Allergy season - nip yours in the bud!
Allergy season - nip yours in the bud!
The allergy season is upon us again with the grass and tree pollen building up to irritating levels for those that are affected.
|Allergen||Time of year when symptoms are worst|
|Grass pollen||October – May|
|Tree pollen||October – April|
|Weeds, spores||September – April|
A few strategies to ensure your allergies don't get the better of you.
- Try and stay indoors on days when the pollen count is high – this limits the contact you have with the allergens you’re sensitive to
- Keep doors and windows closed when the pollen count is high
- Stay away from areas where there’s more pollen such as parks, especially in the early morning and late afternoon and evening when the pollen count is highest
- Wear good-fitting sunglasses to keep pollen out of your eyes
- Take a shower and wash your hair after going outside when the pollen count is high
- Don’t dry washing outside if pollen counts are high – pollen may get trapped in the fibres of clothes and bed linen
Bioceuticals Allergy Care is a great option for those annoying symptoms of itchy, watery eyes, runny nose and wheezy chests. A great combination of herbs and immune supporting nutrients,
- Contains a mix of anti-allergenic herbs from Ayurvedic, traditional Chinese and western herbal medicines – perilla, albizia, baical skullcap
- Helps to relieve and reduce seasonal allergy symptoms, such as itchy and watery eyes and nose
- Perilla is also used to reduce coughs, calm wheezing and dissolve phlegm
- Provides natural antihistamine activity from vitamin C and quercetin as well as nutritional support for normal healthy immune function
Take 1 tablet three times daily when you're in the acute stage of allergy, and reduce down to one per day as a preventative measure.
Call the Natural Chemist for input and advise on managing your allergies this Spring T:1300 882 303