BANLICE® Mousse contains natural pyrethrins, which are insecticides that come from chrysanthemum flowers. Natural pyrethrins are generally recognised to be amongst the least toxic insecticides available for human use. BANLICE® Mousse also contains piperonyl butoxide to provide a synergistic effect - that is, to help the pyrethrins work more effectively.
AUST R 46708
- It is very important to apply BANLICE® Mousse to totally dry hair. This is important for two reasons:
- Applying to dry hair allows the full concentration of insecticide to act on lice & nits i.e. it is not first diluted by water.
- Wetting the hair gives a warning signal to lice & nits to "batten down the hatches", making it harder for an insecticide applied to wet hair, to do its job properly.
- All you need is 10 minutes contact time with the lice & nits for BANLICE®Mousse to take effect. You do not need to leave it on any longer. Do not be alarmed if lice are still moving immediately after treatment - they are in the process of dying.
- Banlice washes clean away under the shower - you can even use your normal shampoo. Dead lice should also wash away under the shower but unfortunately, the nits won't. Because nits are firmly glued to the hair shaft, you will need to comb / pull them off yourself.
Warnings BANLICE® Mousse is approved for use on children from 2 years of age. If a child under 2 years has head lice, or if you are pregnant & wish to treat yourself, we recommend you first consult your local GP for advice.