Dry to very dry sensitive skin prone to atopic dermatitis/eczema and itching.
Suitable for infants, babies, children and adults.
0% preservatives - fragrance free – Non-comedogenic – Formulated to minimise the risk of allergic reactions.
The Lipid-replenishing balm restores the skin's barrier function and comfort. It soothes itching sensations caused by skin dryness and preserves the skin flora.
• A unique, high-performance formula:
- I-modulia® complex: The 1st biotechnological active ingredient from Avène Thermal Spring Water: Reduces itching sensations* and soothes redness and irritation caused by the skin's hyper-reactivity
- Cer-omega: Lipids which resemble those found in the skin: helps to repair, nourish and strengthen the protective film, giving the skin better resistance against external aggressions
- Avène Thermal Spring Water: Soothing, anti-irritating, softening.
A formula with efficacy recognized by the new European recommendations in dermatology for treatment of atopic eczema: "Emollient PLUS**" category.
The Lipid-replenishing balm benefits from Sterile Cosmetics technology, the guarantee of efficacy & safety:
• Only necessary ingredients
• Preservative free
• Respects the skin and cutaneous microbiome
• Sterilised formula protected against bacterial contamination
**"Topical formula composed of non-medicinal excipients and additives".
Recognised by the European Dermatology Forum – Guidelines for Treatment of Atopic Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis), 2018.
XeraCalm A.D Lipid-replenishing balm is specifically formulated and indicated for very dry skin prone to atopic dermatitis/eczema and itching, in infants, babies, children and adults.
• It benefits from Sterile Cosmetics technology.
• 0% PRESERVATIVES
The clinical efficacy of XeraCalm A.D lipid-replenishing products has been evaluated as part of a substantial clinical research program involving over 7,000 subjects with dry and very dry skin prone to atopic dermatitis/eczema and itching.
The Lipid-replenishing cream and balm have particularly proven the following results:
• Itching sensations disappearance from 5 days***1
• 50% decrease in skin dryness from 7 days1
• 59% improvement in sleep quality from 7 days1
*** Average time required for pruritus to disappear.
1. Phase IV study on 1,711 subjects (France, French overseas departments and territories, and Italy) with moderate to severe xerosis and pruritus - Use of XeraCalm A.D (Cream or Balm) once or twice a day for 7 days, alone or in combination with topical and/or systemic treatments (75% of subjects used XeraCalm A.D alone)
I-modulia®.Cer-omega.Avène Thermal Spring Water
AVENE THERMALE SPRING WATER (AVENE AQUA). MINERAL OIL (PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM). GLYCERIN. CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE. PEG-12. OENOTHERA BIENNIS (EVENING PRIMROSE) OIL (OENOTHERA BIENNIS OIL). GLYCERYL STEARATE. MYRETH-3 MYRISTATE. PEG-100 STEREATE. POLYACRYLATE-13. AQUAPHILUS DOLOMIAE EXTRACT. ARGININE. CITRIC ACID. EVENING PRIMROSE OIL/PALM OIL AMINOPROPANEDIOL ESTERS. GLYCINE. POLYISOBUTENE. POLYSORBATE 20. SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE. TOCOPHEROL. WATER (AQUA).
We recommend the consumer carefully checks the composition of the product before purchase